What are your goals for your child? Our experienced teachers offer in-person tutoring, virtual learning support, and homeschool support in Virginia Beach as well as virtual tutoring nationwide. We offer help with reading, math, and many other subjects for all grade levels. Your child’s teacher will create a customized weekly or daily program through which your child will feel successful and you will see the progress.
At Growth Education, we view tutoring or academic support as an opportunity to provide students with the one-on-one attention and instruction that is not possible in the classroom. Tutoring with us is a positive, fun, and empowering experience for our students. We provide opportunities for success while constantly scaffolding the help we give so students are always working toward the next goal.
- Confidence Building
- Academic Enrichment
- Homework Help
Goals we have previously worked on with students include:
- boosting student’s confidence with academics
- intervention to improve student’s reading level
- intervention to improve student’s math level
- assisting with identified learning disabilities
- helping students complete their weekly homework
- preventing the “summer slide” by keeping skills fresh throughout the summer, so students can start the new school year just as strongly as they ended the last one
Grade Levels and Subject Areas – Please inquire if you do not see the subject area you need below as we are constantly adding new teachers to our team!
- Preschool and Elementary
- Every subject area & grade level
- Middle & High School
- English / Language Arts – all levels
- Math – Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra Functions, Algebra 2, Data Analysis
- Science – Earth Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Social Studies – U.S. History, Government, World History, Geography
- Languages – Spanish & French
Each tutoring session with Growth Education includes the following:
- a few minutes focused on relationship building, which increases the student’s motivation and confidence
- formative assessments that take a quick look at the student’s current level and inform the tutor about what to work toward next
- a session report for the parent at the end of each session with detailed notes as to what they worked on and what to work on at home
We pride ourselves on having highly professional teachers, who are committed to the success of our students. Growth Education only hires experienced teachers who hold an active teaching license. All of our teachers have taught a variety of children including, but not limited to: gifted students, students in various academies, students with accommodations and special needs, students with ADHD/ADD, speech and language learners, and English language learners. We understand the nuances in teaching each of these students. Read more about our experienced teachers here.
Traditional, in-person tutoring sessions are very effective with students of all ages. Tutors may use a combination of hands-on and technology-based materials and strategies, depending on the best way to meet the needs of each student. In-person sessions are only offered in the Virginia Beach area.
We also offer virtual tutoring sessions. Your child will receive the same level of customized instruction, one-on-one, in real-time, with one of our experienced teachers. Our teachers have developed many effective ways to provide academic support virtually, using a variety of programs and strategies.
Our team supports both public and private schools. However, they simply are not the optimum fit for every child, so we developed a private homeschool teaching concept.
This provides a much more customized approach, created specifically for your child’s needs, schedule, and goals and moves at his or her pace. It can be done individually or as a small group and incorporates opportunities for learning life skills and socializing with other students. There is more freedom for your child to explore his or her interests and the community.
Each family and each child is unique, so we create a program according to your needs. Some students need a full-time one-on-one teacher and some students only need a few hours a week.
When you contact us about private Virginia Beach homeschool teaching, we will start with an initial phone call then meet in person to talk through more details and determine how we can best support your family.
From 4th Grade to College in 3 Years
A private homeschool student who started with Growth Education six grade levels behind, at a 4th grade level at the age of 15, made remarkable progress with our full-time, one-on-one private homeschool program. In the first year, he completed 3 grade levels of English and 3 grade levels of math, maintaining an impressive pace, truly learning the material, and able to apply his new knowledge.
After 2 years of private homeschool teaching, he progressed 5 grade levels and began high school courses. Upon completion of his third year of private homeschool teaching, he passed the GED and is beginning courses at a community college in the fall. From 4th grade to college in 3 years is truly remarkable progress!